1. Workflow – digital video devices – typically ads are in silos for specific platforms
2. Buffering – ad inserts may result in buffering
3. Development Kits – need to constantly update software development kits for multiple types of devices (e.g. android mobile, iOS mobile)
The number of streaming viewers is dramatically increasing providing extreme revenue opportunities. For example, in 2012 there were 2.1 million concurrent TV viewers who watched the Superbowl.
Broadcasters are looking to build business models around dynamic video advertising in both linear and on-demand content. TV advertising for streaming media is a co-existence strategy – not cannibalization. Key video advertising options include: pre-roll, mid-roll, and post-roll.
To solve key dynamic ad insertion challenges, Adobe has setup the Auditude Ad Platform:
1. Content – ingest underlying metadata
2. Creative – trafficking ads – matching the ad content to channels
3. Business Objectives - #ad insertions
It can be used by broadcasters, Cable, OTT, and other content providers. The system is already being used by Comcast, Fox, and other major broadcasters. Some of the key benefits:
1. Improved user experience
2. Workflow is simple
3. Integrated analytics – content based
For more information about the dynamic ad insertion system, see: Adobe Auditude