The NAB show attendance grew over 5% as a result of the dramatic expansion into Internet TV produts and services. Perhaps NAB should now be called National Association of Broadbanders!
NAB 2015 Key Highlights/Trends:
1. Drones - every hall - simple stable location control - can do patterns - better cameras/gimbals.
2. Cloud - everything moving to the cloud - TV systems are becoming servers with specialized software
3. Over the Top (OTT) television - industry moving to Internet TV systems
4. Remote TV Production - reliable feeds using the public Internet to centralized control facilities
5. Cloud Video Switching - IP based switchers allowing multiple people to control camera, audio, feeds, etc.
6. Social TV - integration of contributed and live content from viewers into TV programs
7. Hyper Personalization - program guides that learn what you like and where you like to get it
Post a Comment