IPTV blog provides information about systems and services that provide television and video services through IP communication networks. We regularly interview companies and their leaders to identify new challenges and ways to solve them and new opportunities and ways to take advantage of them. IPTV Blog is part of IPTV Magazine http://www.IPTVMagaizne.com.
Wednesday, April 29, 2015
NAB 2015 Key Hightlights/Trends
During my company interviews at NAB 2015, three words/products appear everywhere:
The NAB show attendance grew over 5% as a result of the dramatic expansion into Internet TV produts and services. Perhaps NAB should now be called National Association of Broadbanders!
NAB 2015 Key Highlights/Trends:
1. Drones - every hall - simple stable location control -
can do patterns - better cameras/gimbals.
2. Cloud - everything moving to the cloud - TV systems are
becoming servers with specialized software
3. Over the Top (OTT) television - industry moving to
Internet TV systems
4. Remote TV Production - reliable feeds using the public
Internet to centralized control facilities
5. Cloud Video Switching - IP based switchers allowing multiple
people to control camera, audio, feeds, etc.
6. Social TV - integration of contributed and live content
from viewers into TV programs
7. Hyper Personalization - program guides that learn what
you like and where you like to get it